Thursday, May 17, 2012
There are many different type of guns, including assault rifles, sniper rifles, hand guns, RPG's, machine guns and artillery. Assault rifles are widely used in military's across the world. Assault rifles are most commonly used because they are light, accurate and reliable. Most reliable of assault rifles is the Russian AK-47. It is an automatic weapon with a gas propelled reload mechanism. This means that every time you pull the trip another bullet is loaded into the chamber. The American military refuses to use this weapon because of it iconic image as rebel or terrorist weapon. So the American Military uses the M16 and the M4. Both are fully and semi automatic rifles that are accurate at almost 400 yards. the M16 has been around since Vietnam and is still in use today. The M4 was brought into service in the early 1990's. Since then it is used by about 50% of American Servicemen today.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Last night I had a soccer game at Phillips Park. I started out at stopper, which is a defensive position. I normally have to play defense but I hate it I like offense better. For the first half of the game I was a beast stopper and the other team had almost no shots on goal. At the half, my coach let me play offense. I had a few good runs with the ball but never had the shot. Derek kicked the ball up to me and I took it down the field. The ball got too far ahead of me and the goalie got it. At this point I was at a full sprint and didn't have enough time to go to either side of the goalie. I couldn't hit him cause I would get a yellow card, so i decided to go over him. I jumped completely over the goalie, who was about 5'2" tall. It was a pretty incredible jump.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Derek and I are doing our research paper over the Trojan War. I think this is a good topic and we are getting good information about it. My favorite character is probably Achilles. I think he is a sweet fighter. He uses a shield and spear and is pretty much unstoppable because he was almost immortal. The only problem was that his mom never dipped his ankle in the River Styx so he died from an arrow there that Paris shot. But he died a hero since he took down Hector before his death. Hector killed the cousin of Achilles named Patroklos. Patroklos put on Achilles' armor and fought in the war pretending to be Achilles. Hector killed him which made Achilles very angry. We have 5 questions we are using for the research paper and I think we will be able to find good information on them.
Monday, April 9, 2012
- Do vegaterians eat animal crackers?
- If you were scared half to death twice, would you be 3/4 dead or 100% dead?
- What was the best thing before sliced bread?
- If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
- Why does belly button lint not match your shirt color?
- Why does an alarm clock “go off” when it begins ringing?
- Why are aliens always green?
- If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?
- If Cheese is made of milk why is it yellow?
- If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
- Why do people count sheep when they can't sleep?
- Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds fee"?
- What if this is all a dream?
- Why is there an "s" in "lisp"?
- Why did Zues hate is brother Hades.
- Why doesn't the Lucifur kill God?
- Why do poeple drive with the windows down and the heat on in the winter?
- Why did Humpdy Dumpdy fall off the wall?
- Why did the Church steal everyones money?
- Which genious started the Church to get all the money?
- Why has the U.S. gone down hill in the last 20 years?
- Why do people in Spain run from massive bulls?
- If a mime swears, does his mom make him wash is hands with soap?
- If corn oil comes from corn, where does baby oil come from?
- Why do people speak louder when talking to people of a different language?
- What if April Fools Day is just a big joke thought up a long time ago?
- Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
- What happens when we die?
- Why do coins have a heads and tails/
- Why do you press harder on the remote when you know the battery is dead?
Monday, March 19, 2012
Yestarday I went on my first kayaking trip of the year. The air was really warm but the water was freezing, it was about 40 degrees. We were only going 6 miles but the threat of hypothermera was very real. The first half of the trip was easy, we went through some class 2 and had a taste of class three rapids. The second half was bad, the water was really slow and flat in some spots. Going through boat house rapids one of the Vets capsized and did a wet exit. He went into shock so we had to wait about an hour trying to calm in down and get him stable. That made the trip pretty eventfull. One of the trainers taught me how to surf some of the waves. So I was playing around in some of the rapids. The trip was a great way to start the year of kayaking.
Monday, March 5, 2012
I couldn't think of anything to write about so I asked Derek for a topic. He came up with long walks on the beach. Long walks on the beach are very relaxing and peaceful. The feeling of your feet sinking into the soft, warm sand is soothing. Listening to the waves calmly lap against the sand is amazing. They are even better if it is at sunrise or sunset because then you get to see the different colors of the sun. The only bad part is the anoying person who is listening to music really loud or that dog that constantly barks at nothing.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
I don't think we should have homework at all. I come to school five days a week for rouhgly seven hours. Those entire seven hours I am working and learning. But even after those seven hours or working and learning I get homework to do from my teachers. It seems like teachers think we have nothing better to do besides do school work. I have a life thank you very much, I don't want to spend my entire teenage years doing homework. Most of the time the homework is just busy work anyway, it provides no real value. Sometimes the teacher will give us something new to learn at home and give us a packet about it. Then when we turn it in they get mad at us because we didn't get every question right on the topic. How am I supposed to know something that you haven't even taught me?!?